Code of Conduct
Managers, Coaches & Helpers
- Attempt to set a positive example for others to follow.
- Promote & develop the team having regard for the best interests of the players & supporters and the reputation of team/club & the national game.
- Share your knowledge & experience when invited to do so.
- Avoid all forms of gamesmanship.
- Not use or tolerate inappropriate/inflammatory language, gestures or sarcasm.
- Make every effort to develop the sporting, technical & tactical levels of the team, and to obtain the best possible results using all permitted means.
- Give priority to the interests of the team over individual interests.
- Resist all illegal or unsporting influences.
- Promote ethical & non-racist, non-sexist principles.
- Show due respect to the players, coaches & supporters of all teams.
- Show due respect and accept the decisions of the match officials without undue protest.
- Avoid words or actions that may mislead a match official.
- Show due respect to managers, coaches, supporters players & match officials at all times.
- Make every effort to be punctual & correctly equipped/dressed for training & matches.
- Make every effort to be attentive & develop abilities in terms of skill, technique, tactics & stamina.
- Set a positive example & strive for your best possible performance - both in training & matches.
- Avoid all forms of gamesmanship, including time-wasting & feigning injury.
- Never criticise the mistakes of your fellow players.
- Never use inappropriate language or gestures.
- Make every effort to be consistent with Fair Play & the Laws of the Game.
- Know & abide by the Laws, roles & spirit of the game, and/or the competition rules.
- Accept success & failure, victory & defeat in an appropriate & sporting way.
- Accept the jurisdiction of the manager, coaches & helpers during matches, training & socials.
- Show due respect to managers, players, coaches, players & match officials at all times.
- Encourage & applaud effort, performance & good sporting behaviour - more than the result.
- Maintain & give clear examples of appropriate standards of behaviour at all times.
- Look for aspects to applaud & praise less-talented or 'struggling' players - or players who might otherwise be overlooked.
- Judge players by their efforts & skills and not by their failures or deficits.
- Always remember that children do not mean to make mistakes.
Additionally, Do Not...
- Abuse or argue with managers, coaches, players or match officials.
- Abuse, comment negatively or chastise a player for a mistake on the field of play.
- Attempt to 'coach' or 'manipulate' players while they are playing.
- Offer 'tactical advice' to a player that may contradict the manager's game plan.
- Use inappropriate language, gestures, sarcasm, racism, sexism or become violent.
- Attempt to 'referee' a game by appealing for free kicks, off-sides etc.
- Bring AFC Lightning into disrepute.
Copyright © AFC Lightning. All rights reserved.